Bored of the same wine club wine offers, containing old, unwanted stock and selected by an unknown-face in a warehouse? Wouldn’t it be great to have your own guest sommelier from an award-winning restaurant to help you select wines for your cellar or to really impress at your next dinner party?
Please welcome Bullion Cellars to Australia. Bullion Cellars is about helping its members discover hard-to-find premium wines at the right price, chosen by experts and conveniently delivered to their door. To achieve this goal, they have asked the top sommeliers in the country to select premium wines for their members. People whose job and passion it is to taste the best wines from around the world every day and refine them to the chosen few for their world-class wine lists. Exactly the type of wines Bullion members want to discover.
The current Bullion Experts are:
- Patrick White – Head Sommelier, Otto Ristorante, Sydney
- Matthew Dunne – Head Sommelier, Aria Restaurant, Sydney
- Kim Bickley – Head Sommelier, Glass Brasserie @ The Hilton, Sydney
- Stuart Knox – Owner, Fix St James, Sydney
Patrick White said of his current selection for Bullion Cellars, “I have selected wineries that are high quality and independent, and whose work I really admire. I wanted to give a spread of styles and a snap shot of what is truly great at the moment.”
Bullion Cellars was started by Matthew Eagan and Stuart Freeman; two friends from very different backgrounds. Matthew comes from 15 years experience in the wine industry and Stuart from 16 years working in the highly competitive recruitment industry. It is because of these different backgrounds, that they have been able to take this unique approach to the sale of premium wines and not just follow the traditional model.
Matthew Eagan says, “We did not want to be just another on line retailer, offering our members the latest clean skins or failed export orders. We are extremely excited by these wines, and they are definitely the sort of wines you would want to bring out for your next dinner party or special occasion.
Sure there are plenty of opportunities to purchase everyday drinking wines, but Bullion Cellars pride our self on sourcing wines that are good enough for even the most discerning dinner party guest. Or wines of the right pedigree to lay down in a cellar for another 2-5 years.”
What a Bullion Cellars member will receive:
· Each quarter Bullion Cellars will deliver a premium dozen, made up of world-class wines from Australia and the rest of the world, chosen by leading sommeliers from our country’s finest restaurants.
· You will get 3 bottle of each wine, so you’ll have no problems entertaining a large group, or trying a wine in different circumstances to see whether it is influenced by food or the length of time in your cellar.
· You will only be offered regional and varietal heroes - wines that are regarded as best in class, but also with the ability to grow into something special when laid down for a year or two.
· Because Bullion Cellars has access to exclusive distribution networks, they can offer wines that usually only appear on restaurant wine lists.
· Bullion Cellars can offer this for only $399 per quarter
For more information visit www.bullioncellars.com.au