Award-winning teams at Grain Bar and Archie Rose have joined forces to create an exclusive small batch gin, which features a rare mandarin botanical that can only be enjoyed at The Rocks bar while stock lasts.
Crafted at the distillery in Rosebery, Grain Archie Rose Gin is a unique combination of six botanicals, which were carefully selected and combined by Grain representatives and master distiller Dave Withers to come together as a perfectly balanced and intense distillation.
This batch celebrates the floral and earthy notes of coriander seed, herbaceous and peppery tones of Dorrigo Pepperleaf organically sourced from the Northern Tablelands of New South Wales, spiciness from cassia and cardamom; and vibrant sweetness of mandarin – a rare botanical that can only be found in this tailored blend.
“By respecting each botanical and the role they play when flavours marry together, as well as utilising Dave's wealth of experience and expertise, we've crafted a one-of-a-kind and deeply complex gin,” Grain bar manager Roderick said.
“The result is an elegant and sensual spirit that elevates and adds a freshness to classic dry martinis and compliments a variety of tonics. Top notes greet you to the glass and linger on the palette to keep gin enthusiasts coming back for more.”
To celebrate, Grain will be the home of gin this summer, hosting a series of five Summer of Gin events from 12 January until 2 March for newcomers and connoisseurs alike. The journey of flavour and discovery will commence with a launch party where the Grain Archie Rose Gin will be unveiled, followed by a collection of special activities including unexpected house-made infusions, Australian tasting plates, unique sensory experiences and a special gin cocktail menu for guests to enjoy the spirit as they have never experienced it.
Calendar of events:
1) For the lovers of gin | Summer of Gin launch party | The official unveiling of custom Grain Gin including a detailed talk on the gin making process by Lachie Beange, Archie Rose ambassador. January 12, from 4pm.
2) For the newbies | Australian gin tasting trio | Discover the unique flavour of Australian gin with our tasting plate of three of the finest gins from our backyard. January 19 – January 26.
3) For the dabblers | Tanqueray perfume making sessions | Elevate your favourite spirit with a Tanqueray perfume making session. A unique sensory experience, guests will have the chance to create their own take-home perfume using botanicals found in Tanqueray gin. Early February.
4) For the connoisseurs | The elite matching menu | Select from our special menu of carefully chosen gins with our boutique tonic and garnish recommendations and discover the most refined ways to enjoy the spirit. February 16 – 23.
5) For the truly adventurous | Gin infusion selection | Treat your palate to an explosion of flavours with our variety of house-made gin infusions. Up for something truly different? Ask your bartender for their serving suggestion (not for the faint hearted!). February 23 – March 2.
Specials available throughout the entire period:
1) Summer of Gin Cocktail Menu – Five creative and classic cocktails specially crafted by our talented mixologists using some of our favourite gin varieties.
2) The Grain Signature Martini – The signature taste of summer showcasing the aromatic blend of carefully selected botanicals in our custom spirit, Grain Gin, and served with dry vermouth.
Grain bar is located in Sydney's The Rocks at 199 George Street, within Four Seasons Hotel Sydney. For more information and group bookings, +61 2 9250 3118, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.grainbar.com.au.