Set to Be a Stylish Affair
On Sunday 23 August Fowles Wine will host a literary lunch featuring the author and producer of best selling Australian novel and upcoming film The Dressmaker.
Due to be released as a major motion picture on 22 October staring Kate Winslet, Judy Davis, Liam Hemsworth and Hugo Weaving, The Dressmaker is a bittersweet comedy about love, hate and haute couture in country Australia.
Set in the 1950s, The Dressmaker tells the story of Tilly Dunnage (a Paris based fashion designer) who has returned to her small home town in rural Australia to right some wrongs from the past. When Tilly comes home, she not only reconciles with her ailing mother but, with her sewing machine and haute couture style, she transforms the women of the town in such a way that she gets revenge on those who persecuted her. She also falls unexpectedly in love which leads to her greatest loss and most destructive deed...
The Fowles Wine literary event will feature author of the book Rosalie Ham and film producer Sue Maslin and see them discuss the inspiration, characters, cast, costumes and locations that brought The Dressmaker to life on the page and screen. Avenel local Merrill Boyd will compère the event before guests are invited to take part in a question and answer session and book signing.
Having worked up an appetite, guests will be treated to a lunch featuring the favourite meals of the main characters in The Dressmaker - the Dunnages and McSwineys - using the finest produce from the Goulburn River Valley region.
Fowles Wine Customer Services Manager Ian Firth said: "It's not every day that you get access to a bestselling author or get to hear the behind the scenes stories about some of Hollywood's biggest stars so we're pretty excited!
The Dressmaker is a wonderful Australian story that was filmed entirely in Victoria so we feel very proud to be representing the State on the tourism and hospitality front. We reckon our award winning food and wine and newly refurbished rustic event space 'The Wine Shed' will provide the perfect stage for what's set to be a blockbuster event"
- For more information about this event please contact Ian Firth:email@example.com or (03) 5796 2150.
- Date: Sunday 23 August.
- Venue: The Wine Shed at Fowles Wine Cellar Door, 1175 Lambing Gully Road, Avenel, 3664.
- Time: 12 noon - 2pm.
- Price: Tickets to this event cost $50 per person for a two course lunch. Wines and soft drinks are additional to the ticket price and can be purchased at the bar. Book online HERE.
- Rosalie Ham is the author of The Dressmaker. Her novels are described as having fresh, unusual and entertaining ideas and have been shortlisted for numerous literary awards. Rosalie was born and raised in Jerilderie, NSW and now lives in Melbourne.
- Sue Maslin is an award winning screen producer with credits including the feature films Road to Nhill (1997) and Japanese Story (2003), winner of 26 international awards. She has also produced a range of feature documentaries.
- For more information about The Dressmaker click HERE.
- Named as Victoria's Best Tourism Winery three years in a row (2012, 2013 and 2014), Fowles Wine is a family owned winery based in the cool climate wine region of the Strathbogie Ranges, Victoria.